OnePlus has released new OxygenOS updates for the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T, which bump up the Android security patch level on the smartphones to January 2021. The new builds also improve the stuttering problem of some tripartite apps and optimize the UI display effect of the notification bar and the experience of using long screenshots.
Additionally, these updates fix the noise issue on 5G calls and squash half a dozen bugs. The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are receiving OxygenOS 18.104.22.168, whereas the 8T in Europe is receiving the 22.214.171.124 update. The 8T units in India and North America, on the other hand, are getting OxygenOS 126.96.36.199.
The changelog of these OxygenOS updates is the same. You can check it out below:
- Optimized the experience of using long screenshots
- Optimized the UI display effect of the notification bar
- Improve the stuttering problem of some tripartite applications
- Fixed the small probability issue that Twitter may freeze
- Fixed the issue that opening app split-screen may fail
- Fixed the issue of failure to switch the accent color in a small probability
- Fixed the inaccurate display of the attribution of some numbers
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.01
- Fixed the issue that the video cannot be played in a small probability
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
OnePlus is rolling these OxygenOS updates to a limited number of users right now, but a broader rollout will commence in a few days if no bugs are found.