Both Schneider Electric and MemVerge announced programs to help partners get an “edge” in their businesses.
It’s a week for new partner programs. Schneider Electric just announced its new Edge Software & Digital Services Program. The goal of the program is to help partners establish recurring revenue streams. This is done by offering remote monitoring and management of physical infrastructure across their customers’ networks. The program is in response to the booming edge computing market.
The Edge Computing Market
“Edge computing presents an enormous opportunity for solution providers to expand their service portfolio to address power and cooling infrastructure especially as these sites have become mission-critical,” said Jamie Bourassa, vice president, edge computing and IT channels, Schneider Electric. “Starting a new service practice takes a commitment of resources including time, education and business development. The level of effort will vary by partner, and based on feedback from managed service providers, establishing a managed IT service business can take up to 3,500 hours. We have built a program, for all partners, that simplifies the path to entering the managed power services market and helps them capture revenue quickly and for the long term.”
The program is part of the mySchneider IT Solutions Partner Program, formerly the APC Channel Partner Program. Core components of the Edge Software & Digital Services Program include:
- Life cycle rebates – an ongoing financial incentive for IT solution providers to reinvest in their business.
- Step-by-step, operational e-guide – “The Essential Guide to Growing Your Business with Managed Power Services.”
- Certification paths – educational courses designed to increase technical and business acumen related to digital remote monitoring software and service options.
- EcoStruxure IT Software and Digital Services – Access to Schneider Electric’s flexible portfolio providing advanced, 24/7 remote monitoring, and remote and on-site support.
M3 Channel Partner Program
In other partner program news, MemVerge just introduced its M3 Channel Partner Program. The idea is that partners can strengthen their businesses by delivering all new “Big Memory” solutions consisting of Intel Optane persistent memory and Memory Machine software. Together, they drive down cost while upping the capacity and availability of server memory.
M3 locks in 30% margins on software for partners with deal registration that applies to referrals. Backed by Tiger Teams, which is made up of Intel and MemVerge experts, it speeds up time-to-revenue by helping partners bring the new technology to customers. So, long term, the program helps partners build a Big Memory practice to claim part of the $100 billion greenfield market for new memory hardware and software infrastructure.
“We are 100% dependent on partners to realize the revenue potential of Memory Machine software from MemVerge,” said Joe Barnes, director of channels at MemVerge. “Partners get the added benefit of five to 10 times that revenue from Intel Optane persistent memory that is typically sold alongside the software.”
- Guaranteed profit margins on software and software renewals.
- Deal registration with right to provide all implementation and professional services.
- Online, simple and self-paced training modules.
- Custom training curricula.
- Joint marketing programs and marketing development funds.
- Dedicated channel support.
- Rapid POC program and free POC lab software.