Stratus Technologies launched enhancements to its ztC Edge computing platform with the release of Stratus Redundant Linux (SRL) version 2.2 and a preview of its new edge systems management solution, ztC Advisor. These enhancements are designed to help enable more optimal infrastructure performance, utilization, and faster time-to-value to help ensure simpler, better protected, and autonomous business operations.
Stratus Redundant Linux 2.2, ztC Edge’s core operating system, features an enhanced application interface, REST API, that provides more information via the web about ztC Edge’s virtual machines (VMs) and their current state. This capability allows teams to remotely better optimize infrastructure performance and utilization. SRL 2.2 also includes additional software and security updates.
ztC Advisor: Remote Systems Management
With ztC Advisor, Stratus introduces a new edge systems management solution to help simplify centralized monitoring and management of a customer’s entire ztC Edge computing infrastructure. The new solution offers a more secure web-based portal that personnel in either operations or IT can use to view the health and utilization of their entire ztC Edge inventory and help to mitigate risk more quickly and remotely triage issues and improve productivity more easily.
Released as a preview, ztC Advisor’s first features include:
- A comprehensive asset management overview of all ztC Edge platforms owned by a customer, including systems that have been deployed but have not been provisioned. The overview can make it easier for administrators to more holistically maximize resource utilization and better optimize their hardware refresh and software patching schedules.
- A centralized dashboard view of individual system status and resource utilization presented in real-time, enabling administrators to more easily see platform status at-a-glance.
- User-defined groups for customers to assign individual systems to groups and use the ztC Advisor dashboard’s built-in sorting and filtering functions to more quickly access information from specific platforms.
- Secure-push technology between ztC Advisor and ztC Edge. The web-based solution is architected so that ztC Edge platforms initiate sessions and periodically push information to ztC Advisor, which helps to minimize cyber-security risk by limiting data transfer.
- Integration with Stratus Service Portal and ztC Edge platforms, allowing customers with portal access to use their same credentials to access ztC Advisor. One-click enablement from the ztC Edge Console automatically sets up the corresponding ztC Edge platform to be visible and present data through ztC Advisor, helping to minimize setup and configuration time.
ztC Advisor and its remote system monitoring capabilities are compatible with ztC Edge platforms running SRL 2.2, and build on updates to ztC Edge platforms, released earlier this year, that address many customers’ more pressing needs for further enhanced security, monitoring and performance at the edge.